So I spent like an hour or so this morning bleaching our shower and scrubbing all of the slightly orange tinted mold that was growing.... I thought I might have gotten bleach in my eye, and quickly started rinsing out my eye. I haven't gone blind yet, so I think I'm ok so far. There are a few spots in the shower where the caulk has came off and we really need to repair it. We also need to fix our dishwasher because it's been broken for a few months now, and little colonies of bacteria are starting to like the sitting water at the bottom of it. gross!!
In other news, bought some tickets to NOFX for friday night with Olivia. Should be fun. My friends band is playing with them too, so that's a huge bonus to see them on the same stage. I'm also getting my half sleeve touched up on monday, which should be cool. I've been thinking of extending it to a few inches below my elbow, but I still need time to sit on it and make sure everything comes out right.
Tonight is my friend Kacey's last night in town, so I think we're gonna get together and chill which should be fun. Told our landlord today that we're trying to see if we can get out of our lease, and he said to give him 6 months notice and that it shouldn't be a huge problem. I'm sure we'll run into difficuties, but I hope that we can just have a clean break from las vegas and find a new tenant for our space. Get back to california, where we need to be.
I talked to this guy named Wendell about any volunteer oppourtunities in social work, and he is trying to make a few phone calls for me and help me out, which I appreciate. There's a few options so far... volunteer at child haven, a place that provides housing, medical needs and schooling for abused and mistreated children that have been taken out of their homes. Another option is applying to a job that pays, and I can fit the requirements, but it is a graveyard shift of basically being in these shelters and cleaning, putting things away, and doing general maintenance. BUT, the job title sounds good, and it would help me get my foot in the door. Just a lot to think about right now, I guess Child Haven is looking like the best option as of now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment